View setting standardisation and filetype opening

Reaction score
Hello All! I am new to Mac since recently, and I had one of many queries.
When having a (Finder) window open and browsing through the mac's content, when hitting "View" button, and then "Show View Options", I was wondering if it was possible to apply the setting of one window, to all windows instead of having to change it individually.
Secondly, I have a question regarding choosing the default program used to open a certain file format. When option-clicking and choosing "Open with" and then "Other", and checking "always open with this application", its still only applied to the files selected. How does one apply it to all files of that format on the whole machine? Say I want all my mp3's wherever they may be to be opened by VLC for example.
Thanks a lot for the help! =)
If you read this far, thank you for taking the time to read my post! x)
Best regards,
J.

Reaction score
The Button on the bottom of the View Options Panel Use as Defaults

Get Info on the File then Open with: the App you want, Click the Change All... button

Reaction score
Thanks so much! And it works too ;) So thats one problem down. I just need some help now in knowing how to standardize a thumbnail and grid size setting from one (Finder) window to all windows so I don't have to keep configuring it individually. Thanks!

Ask a Question