How to Stop Links Auto-Previewing In Emails?

Reaction score
I find it really irritating when composing emails in Yahoo and Safari that the hyperlinks self-preview themselves and have to be clicked-off whilst composing intricate text. My recipients are quite capable of opening the links at the other end and don't want to see previews either. Is there any way of disabling this function? Thank you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you mean when composing emails with your Yahoo! account, on the Yahoo! website, using Safari?

C

Reaction score
Yes, webmail, both Yahoo & Safari browsers and their respective mail services add unwanted hyperlink previews during composition. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, I verified your issue.

When the preview of the link shows up, hover your mouse over the website preview photo and click the ... icon in the upper right corner of the preview. Choose Remove, and the link will revert to just a clickable link without preview.

You can disable the link previews in the Yahoo! Email Settings > Writing email > Automatically generate preview of links.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
OK, I verified your issue.

When the preview of the link shows up, hover your mouse over the website preview photo and click the ... icon in the upper right corner of the preview. Choose Remove, and the link will revert to just a clickable link without preview.

You can disable the link previews in the Yahoo! Email Settings > Writing email > Automatically generate preview of links.

Hope that helps,

C

Done Yahoo mail, thanks. Hotmail / Outlook also done but harder to find. This annoying feature should be off by default -- surprised more users haven't complained.

Ask a Question