video converters help

Reaction score
hi everybody can some one please tell me where i can find a video converter that will allow me to convert rmvb format into avi + mp3.
i been searching for ages but there doesnt seem to be a software like that can some one pls show me the direction.
many thanks

Reaction score
no i dont unfortunatly but anyway i will upload it when i get back home from work anyway why do you need the file? it seems to be taking too long to upload i have a poor internet connection.
anyway thanks for help

Reaction score
If it's too much of a hassle, forget it. I just wanted to know if I had an app on my Mac that could open and convert those types of files. :)

Reaction score
what will this convert to the link you gave me doesnt tell me much about this product, will this allow me to convert rmvb to avi with mp3 as sound format would be great if it does i m dying for a software like this thanks for the help dude

Reaction score
According to what I read, it will. I just got done trying to download it but unfortunately their site is down.
By the way, have you tried VLC Player and MPEG Streamclip along with Perian on those RMVB's?

Reaction score
the problem is not with if i m able to view rmvb, i can view rmvb using real player with out problems but i would like to put these videos which i have onto my portable media player which does not support either rmvb or aac so i would need to convert these videos in avi + mp3.
I do have VLC player but i thought that was just a virtual media player, also what do you mean by MPEG Streamclip along with Perian? Can you explain a bit more on this thanks.

Reaction score
had a look in both links will give mpeg streamclip a try and let you know the results but to be honest i dont think it will be able to convert rmvb to avi. but lets hope

also thank for your help

Reaction score
Ah, that's why I wanted you to send me the file. So, I could have checked it out before I recommended something. You're welcome. :D

Reaction score
wow there might be some hope here i will give that a try and also with out the need to use terminal how great cheers mate

Reaction score
checked it out followed the instructions to death but onces everything is installed i can find the application support folder that i can stick my real codec in help help help

Reaction score
haha no worries i figuared it out it looks like it is encoding so i will let you know how it went

Reaction score
Ah, you beat me to it. :) Just out of curiosity, does VLC Player play those movie files?

Reaction score
no it does not, vlc does not play real media unless you have the codec which i think you need to insert via terminal or some other way its certainly harder then using ffmpegx and its FAST. Anyway thanks for you help, i think we should make this a sticky i m sure many people will have asked this question before

Ask a Question