SOLVED Vewing Mail on MBA

Reaction score
MBA, 2017 running OS 10.15.4. I have failing eyesight and have had to resort to a viewing my work and activities on a 24: Samsung monitor and this works very well for me.

My Mail font (Baskerville) size was previously set to 16. Since the latest OS (automatic) upgrade, font size choice is now 14 or 18, 16 is not available. I can live with this, I now use size 18 as default.
However, when composing a new email I find I cannot increase the screen 'view size' to where I can comfortably view what I'm typing. Using Command + increases the font from 18 to the next rising value depending on the number of hits.
Is there a settings cure in System Preferences for this little annoyance ? As yet, I haven't found one.

Thinking back, I believe that in High Sierra, it was possible to increase screen view size without losing the desired font size but maybe I'm confused.

Thanks, wab123

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You could always change the resolution of the display in System Preferences... > Displays > Scaled. The smaller the numbers, the larger things will appear on your 24" Samsung. That will be for everything, and you won't have to adjust the size of the fonts in the Mail app.

In Mail > Preferences... > Fonts & Colors, you can also click on the Size number, it will highlight, and you can change it to 16 using the number keys and press Return.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question