Since updating to 10.15.4 I can't email web pages

Reaction score
Since the update when I press file and share the share window is grayed out. I have tried using both chrome and safari but it makes no difference. I have no way of sending a web page by email or anything else. I use gmail and have never had a problem before

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Can you give us a little more information about what you are trying to do? I assume you mean if you have web page open in Safari or Chrome, and you choose File > Share > Email This Page from the menu bar?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Can you give us a little more information about what you are trying to do? I assume you mean if you have web page open in Safari or Chrome, and you choose File > Share > Email This Page from the menu bar?

C
Exactly. The share window opens but is dead. I can’t press it. The print is gray

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I believe the Share function only works with Apple applications. It works in Safari, but not Chrome on my Macs.

-Do you have your Gmail account setup in the Mail application?
-Have you checked  > System Preferences... > Extensions > Share Menu and see what is checked?

C

Reaction score
Everything was fine until the update. It doesn't work in Safari either now, Everything is checked. They said there would be problems so here we are! I just tried again and something has changed. The pop-up is OK. I press airdrop and message and it opens . Press mail - nothing happens. Google mail is checked in System preferences.

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...it is still working on my MBA running 10.15.4. Maybe the 10.15.5 update will correct it?

In the meantime, you can copy the website URL and paste into an email manually. Not as easy, but it will work.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot it, as it isn't something I have actually used in the past, but I will continue looking into it.

C

Reaction score
Hmmm...it is still working on my MBA running 10.15.4. Maybe the 10.15.5 update will correct it?

In the meantime, you can copy the website URL and paste into an email manually. Not as easy, but it will work.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot it, as it isn't something I have actually used in the past, but I will continue looking into it.

C
Thank you so much all the same for trying to help me. I appreciate that

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

If I can find anything that may hep, I will update this thread.

Stay healthy and safe.

C

Ask a Question