Printing from email

Reaction score
This is my first time posting. I'm new to this forum and I'm new to Mac desktop. This computer was graciously given to me after all of my computer equipment flooded in 2016. Therefore, everything has been loaded manually as I didn't have disks. I also just connected an HP officejet printer which also didn't have installation disk but I can see that it too is connected both to my computer and to my wifi. I'm experiencing 2 problems: 1) when I try to print from gmail, it's asking me to save as pdf. I don't want to save; 2) when I click the settings icon, it bring me to an icloud window instead of the settings window. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-What version of OS X/macOS?
-Which model HP OfficeJet?
-Are you trying to print from Gmail from within the Google Chrome browser?

It sounds like the printer may be connected, but the correct driver may not be installed.

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory.

I have MacOS version 10.13.6 (I think this is what you want to know?) LOL
HP Officejet Pro 8610 (all in one)
Yes, I am trying to print from within Gmail in Google Chrome browser.
I had no problem printing from Xcell

Thank you,

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If you can print from other applications just fine, then the printer is setup correctly.

When printing from Chrome > Gmail, you should be able to change to your printer in the right pane of the print window:

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 14.47.02.png

Do you see that as an option if you click on Save to PDF?

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

If you can print from other applications just fine, then the printer is setup correctly.

When printing from Chrome > Gmail, you should be able to change to your printer in the right pane of the print window:

View attachment 3388

Do you see that as an option if you click on Save to PDF?

C
Sorry for the delayed response. Well this is weird -- for some reason, now I get the option of my printer. Before, it was not giving me the option. Thank you!

Here's another question for you: Why when I click on "system preferences" the "icloud" box appears?
For instance, I was previously trying to get to "printers & scanners" and attempted to go through "system preferences". It brings me to "icloud" box, so I have to go to my computer search to find "printers & scanners". LOL - I'm so confused!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad the printer is working for you.

Not sure...System Preferences should open to the "Show All" state. Maybe a restart will fix that?

C

Ask a Question