SOLVED Mailboxes

Reaction score
I recently updated my MacBook from 10.6.8 to 10.11. It seems to be successful. I then did the same for my wife's iMac. Everything seemed to seem ok, until she began working with Mail. While her inbox was intact, her personally defined boxes had disappeared. When she tries to recreate them, she gets a message that the mailbox already exists. I didn't notice that on my MacBook because I do't use mail on it. I remember in an older OS version I was able to locate the mailbox files, I think in the library. But in her OS10.11., I can't seem to locate them.

The system thinks they exist, but where are they?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issue. I also would like to know more about it. Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It depends on how many accounts and how they were/are setup - POP/IMAP. Were the mailboxes on the old Mac, or on the email provider's server (IMAP)? There should be sections in the left pane of the Mail app that show the folders. Sometimes they will be "hidden" and you need to hover your cursor to the right of the listing and click Show.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 09.15.50.png

See if that is where they may be hiding,

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It depends on how many accounts and how they were/are setup - POP/IMAP. Were the mailboxes on the old Mac, or on the email provider's server (IMAP)? There should be sections in the left pane of the Mail app that show the folders. Sometimes they will be "hidden" and you need to hover your cursor to the right of the listing and click Show.

View attachment 3416
See if that is where they may be hiding,

C

Reaction score
I completely forgot that, and, of course, they quickly showed up. As usual, Corey Cooper came to my rescue.

Ask a Question