Unknown 'iOS Account Manager' Connected to Google Account"

Reaction score
Noticed 'iOS Account Manager' listed in my Google account's security settings and can't figure out what it is. I've logged out of my account on my iPhone, yet it reappears when accessing YouTube. Only Safari shows up as connected under new logins in Google settings. Any insights on what this iOS Account Manager might be?

Reaction score
Hey @GaSarah

That sounds pretty odd! If you've noticed 'iOS Account Manager' popping up in your Google account settings, and it's showing up again even after you log out on your iPhone, there might be a couple of things happening. Sometimes these entries are linked to how certain apps (like YouTube in your case) manage their sign-in processes, especially on iOS devices.

Since you're seeing this reappear specifically when you access YouTube, it could be that YouTube on your iPhone is using this 'iOS Account Manager' to handle its authentication processes. It’s not uncommon for apps to use specific account management services to streamline login, especially on platforms like iOS where integrated account management can simplify accessing multiple services.

If you're concerned about security, which is totally understandable, you might want to double-check the permissions you’ve granted to YouTube or any other Google services on your iPhone. Also, doing a complete sign-out from Google on all devices through your Google account settings might help clarify if this is just a normal part of how your apps manage login info or something else.

Stay safe and keep your account details as private as possible! Cheers!

Ask a Question