SOLVED "Ask for incoming connections" box will not stop appearing for an unknown application

Reaction score
I am getting frustrated with my computer. I have a Macbook Pro 2021, M1 chip running Ventura 13.3.1.

A dialog box keeps popping up, almost immediately disappearing, and then coming back, and quickly going again. On and on and on. This box is asking if I want to "allow the application 'Hub' to accept incoming connections". Always the same message. I have no idea what the application "Hub" is.

A similar question has been asked before but all with applications I recognize so let me put what I've tried so far:

Checked my firewall. "Hub" is there.
I tried setting it to "block connections" from that app. This did not work. I also tried setting it to "block" and then restarted my computer but when I restart, it resets back to "accept.
I tried using the minus sign to remove "Hub" from the list. The box still kept appearing and after a restart, "Hub" appeared back in the firewall list.
I did not try blocking all connections or accepting all connections as I want to keep my firewall as it is, if possible.
Edit: I even tried clicking the "Accept" and "Deny" buttons (with some fast reaction time) and this didn't work either

As I mentioned, I have no idea where this Hub app is located or how to find it. I don't know if it's part of an Apple application or not but I want it gone or deactivated so this box stops popping up. Typing this post has been a nightmare as the box has come up at least 20 times.

I'd appreciate any help and would be happy to provide more info if needed.

Posted this on other sites because this is so annoying it's severely disrupting my workflow.

Reaction score
For anyone coming here in the future...in the firewall you can right click on an application in the list and select "Show in Finder". That will bring you to the location of the app so you can figure out what it is. In my case it was an executable called Hub that was left over from an installation of Pro Tools from over five years ago.

Ask a Question