Since I upgraded to Ventura, my iPhone asks if I trust this computer

Reaction score
Every time I reboot my Ventura 13.0 iMac or connect my iPhone, my iOS 16.1 iPhone tells me: "Trust This Computer. Enter passcode to trust this computer and start a backup".

My 16.1 iPad doesn't do this.

I don't see any settings different between the two devices. It happens when plugged into my iPad or using WiFi.

What should I look for that would cause this?

Reaction score
I have the same issue, iPhone 14 pro max and Ventura. I reset the settings as suggested elsewhere, but that doesn't fix it.

jlf

Reaction score
Every time I reboot my Ventura 13.0 iMac or connect my iPhone, my iOS 16.1 iPhone tells me: "Trust This Computer. Enter passcode to trust this computer and start a backup".

My 16.1 iPad doesn't do this.

I don't see any settings different between the two devices. It happens when plugged into my iPad or using WiFi.

What should I look for that would cause this?
I'm having the same issue--did you ever find a fix?

jlf

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Have you input your passcode? I'm hesitant to do so because it doesn't specify which computer it's asking to trust and the message appears without connecting it to any device. I haven't been able to identify a pattern for when the message appears, it seems random. Concerned this might be a virus.

Ask a Question