Itunes keeps asking me to sign in

Reaction score
UG. Tried to find this on my own... not happening.

So... my imac the HD died. My daughter took it to fix... meanwhile we have a newer imac here that she has primarily been using... both these machines have the same os high sierra, same versions of itunes 12.7.4 and both were doing FINE. Today she took mine home with her and we moved this other to my spot and all of a sudden, wasn't doing this until we moved it over, itunes keeps asking for my apple id.
All I can think of is I MAY have tried to use the app store.... which is always a useless frustrating experience. And now it just won't stop.

App store. Listen, I'm not a stupid person ok? I've been on the internet since the mid 90s. Apple, specifically the app store, is the ONE PLACE I can NEVER sign into without lengthy phone calls directly to apple. I have my passwords, secret questions etc all saved on text files. It's not like I could forget or even make a typo. But it never fails, I cannot EVER log in. So I just don't use it.

Now again, I did try recently. Used my saved password, got some message it was wrong, reset it, did that. Then got some odd ssl fail error (don't have the screenshot anymore.) And that's it. I gave up. Found what I wanted elsewhere. Now for some odd reason all of a sudden my PHONE started asking me. That was an easy fix... go to the app store and SIGN OUT. Fixed the phone but ya think this would be so easy with itunes on my desktop? OH NO!

Lastly..... before anyone directs me to start jumping the upgrade hoops, NO and NO! Again I have ZERO plans to ever purchase anything from apple or use the app store in any way. I have a version I finally understand, got all my settings just right, AND I want these two computers on the same version in case we need to move stuff. SO before anyone says go upgrade..... no. Just point me to a way to completely SIGN OUT.
thanks in advance....

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We totally understand your frustration, and you should be able to resolve the issue without updating/upgrading macOS/iTunes/iOS.

This is a somewhat common issue, and it can be a bear to resolve totally. As always, it is best to have a Time Machine or other backup of your data for your Mac, and a backup of your iPhone on your Mac or iCloud.

Here are a few links with information that may help you out:

Apple Support
-If you forgot your Apple ID password
-Change your Apple ID password
-Manage your Apple ID

Third Party
-Infinite Apple ID Loop
-Fixing an iTunes Authentication Infinite Loop
-Seeing an iCloud login loop on your Mac? Here's the fix!

See if any of that helps and let us know.

C

Reaction score
I will simply have to deal with trying to call apple on the phone. (hopefully not be so angry with their idiotic voice mail circles not to bite the head off what ever poor person gets MY call.) lol.

So.... I already did the forgot password reset it (even though I did not, it's saved on a text file, not possible to just forget it.)
And after all that got some error.

Sadly my temper got me booted off using their community help boards too.
(That was back when I was FORCED to upgrade the IOS on my iphone 5 only to have all kinds of crap show up I never wanted or asked for, and no help was ever gleened from their forum anyway. All they did was delete my posts.)

I actually know the fix for this is to sign into apple then SIGN OUT. But since I can't sign in I'm stuck.

Yea... I see a dreaded, hair pulling, time wasting, blood pressure raising phone call in my near future. sigh.

Ask a Question