"Too many spelling errors" pops up constantly in Word

Reaction score
I'm trying to translate a document, but every time I try to type the text box "Too many spelling or grammatical errors" pops up. I can't write even two letters without this text box appearing 3 or 4 times. I've tried changing the language the spell check is in, but it happens anyway. Has anyone had this happen? Is there any way to stop it?
Thanks!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Have you considered turning off automatic Spelling and Grammar Checking?

Word ~> Preferences, then click the Spelling and Grammar icon & deselect the "Check Spelling As You Type" or "Check Grammar As You Type" check box to turn off automatic spelling or grammar checking.

You can still check the spelling and grammar in a document by choosing Tools ~> Spelling and Grammar.

Don't know if this is what you're after though ...

Reaction score
I did that,, actually, and the problem continued. However, and I'm almost embarrassed to say this, it stopped after I restarted my computer (why didn't I think of that first??). I guess I just panicked when I couldn't get to my work. I hope it doesn't happen again! Thanks for your reply.

Reaction score
There are some serious design issues with Microsoft Word. In particular, it's likely to damage requently-edited documents. Your best option is to do your work in Pages and export it in Word format if you need to share it with a Windows user. Alternatively, do your typing in Text Edit or Notes!

Reaction score
This is my first post of this kind. I see that many persons have the problem of “Too many spelling errors.” There are also several offers for solutions, none of which is a solution for my problem. I do not work with extremely large documents (maximum 100 pages). But my documents usually contain lots of Romanized (or transliterated) texts in foreign languages. (a) The solution to add each “misspelt word or syllable” in the dictionary does not work in my case. (b) The solution to shut off the spell check is not a solution either. (c) Checking spelling page by page or paragraph by paragraph would not be bad but I wonder if this is possible. I do not see anyone address this possibility. (c) The best solution (on the part of the developers) would be to improve the spell check program in such a way that it would be able to deal any number of spelling mistakes. But apparently, it is not in the interest of the developers. These are some of my thoughts. Would be thankful for any comments.

Ask a Question