Too Many Photos!

Reaction score
My Mac has become sluggish and PHOTOS keeps on freezing up. I have almost 30,000 images on the Mac so it seems that I have to get rid of them somehow to free up the Mac.
My query is; Is it better to zap them to the cloud somehow (and how?). Or, should I buy an Expansion Drive and store them on that.
I am a tour guide and lwould ike to send free albums of the tours to the participants. Can anyone recommend an EASY! system please? One which I could upload 3-400 images for a limited period so people can download to their own albums.
Many questions, but I would reallyy appreciate help from someone who knows Mac Photos.
MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6.
Thank you... Albear

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model Mac?
-How much free space do you currently have?
-Do you have a current Time Machine or other backup of your data/photos?
-Do you have an iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. account?

Since you are sharing the photos with customers, you could look into a photo storage/sharing service like:
-Google Photos
-SmugMug
-Photobucket

C

Reaction score
Hello Cory. Many thanks for your reply. For my last tour I set up Google Photos. (I take lots of photos of the participants taking photos!,they love it, and send those as well as group shots on to them.) But, of the 400 approx snaps, Google for whatever reason downloaded only 222. Weird, and that took well over a day, maybe two, I just left the computer on until it was all finished.
The machine specs are below and there is currently 66.94 GB available with used space: 423.31 GB. I hope that makes sense to you?
As you can probably ifigureout, I am no expert, but can usually get there in the end, but, I find photos VERY challenging! If I was charging for the snaps, I would seek an easier or more pro' system, but this is all done for love!
There is a time machine, also a iTB Seagate just in case.
Hope this all helps.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.005B.B00