Timestamp Workflow

Reaction score
First, I should say that I have very limited experience with Automator, and this is my first post with this forum. I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

I work on many different tasks throughout the day. I am trying to create a seemingly simple workflow to keep track of my time spent on a task. Ideally, I would like to create an application which could run on login, and again anytime the application is run throughout the day.

I'm not sure how possible this scenario is, but in my mind I need to:

Open Excel document "Timestamp.xlsx" (ideally Excel, as it would eventually tie in nicely to to other processes)
Get Variable > Today's date
Append date to bottom of Column A

Get Variable > Current Time
Append time to bottom of Column B

At this point I don't need to get into applying labels to these timestamps, I just want a better way to keep track of times
Any ideas?

Reaction score
Even if I could get this information (date/time) into a .txt file, that would be better than nothing

Excel would be the better option if it's possible, as I could easily total and invoice straight out of the sheet

Ask a Question