Unable to Assign Shortcut Key to Service or Workflow

Reaction score
I have successfully created a thing of beauty for a repetitious portion of my daily workflow - creating multiple sub-folders within a main folder, complete with a blue label.

I'm not sure why but after creating the service I go to Finder and right click a folder>services>"service name" and am able to use it. However it is not available under "finder" in the main top bar.

I have assigned hotkeys to the service in system prefs, but no matter the combo it doesn't ever work. I've posted my service workflow below (Pic 1 & 2), and the correct end result (Pic 3). Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

Side note: I followed a tutorial for automating a "permanently delete" service and it showed up fine, and was able to assign hotkeys to it and execute properly. After I started creating my own service is when I noticed no services were showing up on "finder" in the main nav bar.

It's also strange that the service only works correctly if I have "Get Specified Finder Items" at the beginning. If I remove that and run the service it give's me an error.

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 11.57.09 PM.png

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

I am not very experienced with Automator/AppleScript. It may be best to post your question to the experts in this forum:

MacScripter

C

Ask a Question