Automator Workflow Error after OSX Update

Reaction score
My Automator workflow to mount a NAS has stopped working after installing the recommended OSX update last week. I'm using a Mac mini on 10.9.5. The error says my workflow was saved with older versions of the actions "Get Specified Server" and "Connect to Servers". I tried looking for newer versions of the actions but couldn't locate them. Anyone else having this issue or can suggest a fix?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't have much experience with Applescript/Automator myself, but a few members here do. Hopefully they will chime in. I do know that many people were having similar issues with Automator/AppleScript in Mavericks 10.9.5. The default Automator scripts folder is located here:

/Macintosh HD > System > Library > Automator

***NOTE: Do not delete, add, or move files in any folder in System if you don't have any experience, as it could corrupt your Mac OS X installation and prevent your Mac from starting up or result in system performance/stability issues.

The dates on those scripts in my install of Mac OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite show as September 9, 2014 and the versions are 1.1.1 and 1.2.1 respectively. I currently don't have access to a Mac with Mavericks to enable me to check the dates/versions for you. Do you have a Time Machine or other backup you could try to restore them from? Or, you could try downloading and reapplying the 10.9.5 Combo Update over the top of your current OS X installation to see if that corrects the issue.

You could also try posting the issue here:
MacScripter

Folks over there have a lot of scripting experience on the Mac.

C

Ask a Question