System Administrator will not release a disk

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro will not release an inserted disk because the "System Administrator is using it".
How do I get it to release?

Reaction score
Sorry, I meant a CD stuck inside. I got the disk out by restarting. However the real issue remains:
Can I upgrade my PhotoStudio 4.3 or use as is but scan high res images? It appears I need an Authorization Code that I no longer have unless I can find it on my old G5 somewhere and use it on my laptop. It may be that CanoScanner 8800F and its PhotoStudio software are both too old and I can now simply throw away my really good scanner like so much trash.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS are you running?
-You may be able to contact ArcSoft to get your authorization code if you no longer have the documnetation that came with the scanner/PhotoStudio software.

Depnding on your current version of OS X/macOS, that software may or may not work. If your Mac does see your scanner, you could try using the Image Capture application in your Applications folder, as it has scanning capabilities. There are also other scanning applications that should work for you, like VueScan from Hamrick Software. I use it myself with several models of scanners and love it.

C

Reaction score
I appreciate that very much, thanks.
Getting in touch with ArcSoft is impossible.
I can't stand companies that do not want you to call them. -Justin

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...

Yes, some developers aren't as responsive r customer service focused as others.

Let me know if Image Capture works for you.

C

Ask a Question