Syncing iPhone with Mac

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I'm having trouble trying to get my Mac Book Pro to recognize my iPhone 6S. It used to be that when I connected the iPhone Firewire cord to the USB port, iTunes recognized my iPhone and I could click on it and manage playlists. It's not working now.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
What exact Mac OS are you using? And what Mac OS were you using when things were working?

Reaction score
I too have a 6s and although I get the 'trust this computer?' dialogue box come up on the phone and I select 'trust' itunes does not recognize it. Of course - this is only at work where we still have G5 PPCs running 10.5.8 so I just assumed it was a version issue and just use it to charge the phone occasionally...

Reaction score
I've found that any time I upgrade the OS on my iPhone, my laptop will no longer recognize it. So when I connect the phone to laptop via cable to sync, I then unlock my phone so that I will get the "trust" "don't trust" dialogue box. I tap "trust" on the phone and all's well again. (the "trust" "don't trust" box won't come up on my locked screen)

Ask a Question