iCal syncing between Mac and iPhone 5s

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my iCal events to sync with my iPhone 5s. I recently upgraded the iPhone to ios 9.1, which then required me to upgrate iTunes and then upgrade the Mac OS to El Capitan (OS 10.11.1). All of those upgrades were time consuming and it appears that my phone is syncing properly when plugged into my MacBook, via iTunes. Upon closer inspection, however, a number of events are not syncing from the Mac to the iPhone and vice versa.

Are there additional settings in the new iTunes that I need to adjust for syncing? I don't see any options. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.

-If you add a new event, does it sync properly?
-Are you only not seeing older events, such as older than a month ago?
-Are you missing random events?
-Do you have an On My Mac section in Calendars on the Mac?
-Do you have any other account calendars on either the Mac or the iPhone - such as Exchange, Gmail, etc?

C

Reaction score
Thanks, Cory. I finally cracked the iTunes Sync code last night. When the iPhone is connected to my MacBook, along the left there are several items listed Apps, Podcasts, Music, etc. and last but not least is "Info." which surprisingly contains new boxes to check for Calendars and Contacts. Once I checked those, then everything synced up pretty nicely.

I ended up with several duplicate items in iCal, but after a few minutes of work, I eliminated the duplicates and all is well - for now. Thanks for your help.

John

Ask a Question