Calendar events not syncing from iphone to imac

Reaction score
I am unable to sync calendar events from my iphone 4S OS 8.3 to my imac that runs 10.6.8 snow leopard. It works fine going from the imac to the phone however. I have tried switching icloud on and off. Also the events are not syncing to icloud when I do have that enabled. However it is more important to have my events on the ical on my computer, it did used to work/symnc at a certain point but I am not sure when it stopped. Perhaps after a certain OS upgrade?

Any suggestions most appreciated

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

iCal syncing with iCloud under Snow Leopard is very difficult and doesn't always work. iCloud didn't exist when Snow Leopard was released, Apple was still using .Mac. There were enough server-side changes when Apple moved from .Mac to iCloud, that it broke syncing with Snow Leopard.

It probably stopped working properly for you somewhere between iOS 6 and iOS 8. I have a couple of Macs that are still running Snow Leopard and have pretty much resigned them to using iCloud via Safari to view iCloud services.

Which model iMac do you have? It may be possible to upgrade it to a later version of Mac OS X that will sync properly with iCloud.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Since I posted my question I upgraded my phone to a 5S and the calendars are syncing fine! My husband inherited my 4S and having the calendars correctly sync isn't an issue for him. I would like to update my OS on my imac but need more RAM to do so.

Susan

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...sorry it took us so long to respond.

Glad you got the sync working.

We're here if you need anything else.

Have a great day.

C

Ask a Question