[SOLVED] OS 10.4.1 on ext HD asks for restart after 15 minutes

Reaction score
I am using an iMac DV 400 with 512 MB ram and OS 9. From my external HD I boot into OS 10.4.1 to use the newer system for certain tasks.

A few days ago, when working in 10.4.1 on a job with Photosgop 7 for about 15 minutes, I suddenly experienced a greyish veil on the entire screen, with a dark grey box in the center asking me to restart (in various languages). I followed the advice, and after another reboot into 10.4.1 I was able to continue my job until this happend again after another 20 minutes or so.

After another restart, this time browsing the internet with Safari (just to try another application), I experienced the same thing again and again. I tried other applications, .... yet, after a certain time, experienced the same.

The 10.4.1 systems always reboots without a problem, but forces my to quit after 15 to 20 minutes the way I described it above, no matter which application I use. Can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot in anticipation!

Ask a Question