[SOLVED] Doc icons won't display correctly

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

Here's a conundrum. I'm running 10.6.7 on a Mini Intel Duo. I have a problem I've never encountered in past OS X versions or other Macs.

As many of you also no doubt do, I sometimes drag a folder to the doc for easy access to some files. However, instead of the icon for the folder showing in the doc, the icon of the first file within the folder shows on the doc. If the folder is empty, however, it shows the icon for the folder properly.

As a test, I created a folder on the desktop, dragged it to the Doc, and the folder icon showed properly (since nothing was in it). Then I dragged a random file into the folder and - you guessed it - the icon on the Doc suddenly changed to the icon of the file I had dragged into the folder!

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Re: Doc icons won't display correctly

Hello,
Control-click on the icon in the dock (A menu will appear), and under the heading of "Display as" click on the "Folder" option.

Ask a Question