[SOLVED] .bin to .jpeg

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have searched high and low and cannot find anything.

I have a Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. In the game, you can take pictures. You can send them to an SD card. The problem is, the are stored/saved as .bin files. On Windows, you can, using software, convert the bin files to jpeg. Is there a program for mac that can do this? I do know it is possible to do this since my cousin is doing it right now with his Wii, memory card, and windows machine.

Thanks all!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Re: .bin to .jpeg

Hello all.

I have searched high and low and cannot find anything.

I have a Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. In the game, you can take pictures. You can send them to an SD card. The problem is, the are stored/saved as .bin files. On Windows, you can, using software, convert the bin files to jpeg. Is there a program for mac that can do this? I do know it is possible to do this since my cousin is doing it right now with his Wii, memory card, and windows machine.

Thanks all!

Cheerio
Searay
Hello Searay, can you send one of these bin files?

Reaction score

Hello Walrus666!

Sorry about the delay. I haven't had a way to give you a .bin file because I accidentally deleted them. Below you should see a zip file of a bin file. I want to take this bin file and convert it to a jpeg. I have no idea what software on the mac will do this. Again, the bin file is off of a SD card that you can put into a Nintendo Wii. The Wii saves it as a .bin file, which I cannot open and see a picture. The picture was taken with a "camera mode" inside the game Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Thanks again.

Cheerio
Searay

Attachments

• al_080816_1847.bin.zip
    98.9 KB · Views: 268
Reaction score

Hello Walrus666!

Sorry about the delay. I haven't had a way to give you a .bin file because I accidentally deleted them. Below you should see a zip file of a bin file. I want to take this bin file and convert it to a jpeg. I have no idea what software on the mac will do this. Again, the bin file is off of a SD card that you can put into a Nintendo Wii. The Wii saves it as a .bin file, which I cannot open and see a picture. The picture was taken with a "camera mode" inside the game Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Thanks again.

Cheerio
Searay
Greetings,
Well, you're not alone on this one. I couldn't find a Mac app that could handle these particular files either. FileJuicer was able to extract a text file from it and I was able to mount the .bin file on my desktop and oddly enough it mounted as a "Doors" disk image which played a second or two of static. I also tried "Gumby" but it couldn't convert the .bin because it couldn't find the .cue file. There wouldn't by any chance be any .cue files to go along with those .bin's, would there?
Here's another Mac app that claims that it could convert .bin's to .iso's called "Bchunker". As far as converting .bin's to jpg's, unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that could do this on a Mac. :(

Reaction score

Thanks for looking Walrus.

There are no .cue files associated with these .bin files. However, I did find a website that will convert the files for you for free.

For anyone looking to convert .bin files to .jpeg regardless of OS used, head to this website here:

http://brawl.kakkoister.com/

This site will take those .bin files and convert them for you. I didn't discover this until last night late. Thanks again for your help!

Cheerio
Searay

Reaction score
Great! I'll have to bookmark that site just in case. :) I ran across a similar site last night that claimed to be able to covert .bins to .jpg's but the sucker didn't work.

Ask a Question