Slow response on newly installed SSD

Reaction score
Hello All,

I installed an SSD in slot 2 on my MacPro. The OS and all apps are still on the original drive. I created a new Logic session on the SSD and the session freezes throughout. Intermittently slow to respond to mouse and keyboard input.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "a new Logic session on the SSD", but assuming you want to eventually boot the machine from the SSD, here is what I suggest you try:

1. Launch Disk Utility, and Erase the SSD.

2. If needed, partition the SSD.

3. Quit Disk Utility.

4. Download the excellent backup/cloning program SuperDuper!. I have been using it for over a year for both of my Macs, and it is an excellent, excellent program.

5. Launch SuperDuper, and then copy everything from your original, main hard drive to the SSD (this assumes your SSD is large enough).

5. When finished (SuperDuper makes the SSD bootable), go to Systems Preferences, click on Startup Disk, click on the icon for the SSD, and then click Restart. Hopefully, the machine will reboot from the SSD.

Reaction score
Yeah, we need more clarification regarding what the "a new Logic session on the SSD" means. My post above could be way off, although booting from a "decent size" SSD would be a nice boost!

Ask a Question