How Do I Initiate Backup Of Outlook 2016 of Mac, Export Feature is too slow?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been using Outlook for quite a while now. I like this product a lot and using it since very long has bundled up huge stacks of emails. I need to clean it up but before that, I need to backup all the email database that I have in my Outlook 2016 for Mac. I tried exporting the emails but it's taking forever for the process to complete and also while it performs the export the system slows down and I am not able to perform anything. if anyone can, please provide me with an alternate solution to this issue where my Outlook 2016 for Mac can be backed up easily, securely and most importantly quickly.

Thanks.

Reaction score
This topic has come up before, and the following product is highly recommended by some folks:

Mail Backup X: http://www.mailbackupx.com/

Also, are you aware of the easy way to have deleted EMails permanently removed with Outlook 2016? I use it as my EMail client, and I use this technique just about every time I check my EMail. When you select an EMail for deletion, it winds up in the Trash folder. If you then just delete EMails from that folder, they will disappear, but will still be "stored" on Outlook 2016's database. If instead you right click on the Trash icon, a menu of choices appears, including "Empty Folder". When you select that, you'll then get a dialogue about permanently deleting all the selected EMails. Click on Delete, and voila, they are gone for good.

I'm not sure if you can "pull" deleted EMails back into Outlook 2016, but if you can, this will eb an easy way to have them removed.

Reaction score
Hello,

All Outlook data is stored under the profile folder, the location is:

~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles/<profile name>

Generally, the profile name is Main Profile.

To backup the data, just keep the entire <profile name> folder is ok. You may move the <profile name> folder back to the location ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles

Thus, you may access all the data when opening Outlook for Mac 2016 after re-installing Outlook or using Outlook in another Mac.

To check the profile name, please right click Outlook for Mac 2016 from Finder> click “Show Package Contents”> open Contents> SharedSupport> Outlook Profile Manager. The Boldprofile is the current default profile you are using.

Reaction score
This topic has come up before, and the following product is highly recommended by some folks:

Mail Backup X: http://www.mailbackupx.com/

Also, are you aware of the easy way to have deleted EMails permanently removed with Outlook 2016? I use it as my EMail client, and I use this technique just about every time I check my EMail. When you select an EMail for deletion, it winds up in the Trash folder. If you then just delete EMails from that folder, they will disappear, but will still be "stored" on Outlook 2016's database. If instead you right click on the Trash icon, a menu of choices appears, including "Empty Folder". When you select that, you'll then get a dialogue about permanently deleting all the selected EMails. Click on Delete, and voila, they are gone for good.

I'm not sure if you can "pull" deleted EMails back into Outlook 2016, but if you can, this will eb an easy way to have them removed.

Thanks honestone, Mail Backup X did the job perfectly for me. Thanks for the solution.

Ask a Question