slow, progressive loss of functionality

Reaction score
I have a 2016 (?) MacBook Air, replacement for my old MacBook mid-2009. My operating system is MacOS Sierra 10 12 6. I've been experiencing loss of functionality for at least 3 years, and this hasn't improved with the transition to the new MacBook Air. The most recent change is loss of tabs in Safari, leaving only the main tab. In AOL Mail, I've Iost the ability to send emails in any font other than Arial. I told AOL about it several times, but they couldn't find anything wrong. In Word, if i try to change fonts or font size in a document, I get a color wheel going round and round forever, and I have no choice but to quit Word and start over. I've taken the computer in to the shop to see if it needs more memory, but they can't see that it's necessary. This is slowly driving me bonkers. I know something's wrong, but no one seems to be able to pinpoint it. What can I do? Tx.

David Laing

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Can you give us a few more details:

-Safari: what are your settings in Safari > Preferences... > Tabs?
-AOL: are you accessing it in Apple Mail or in Safari?
-Word: which version of Microsoft Word/Office?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
These are my settings for Tabs in Safari:

safari_tabs.png

C

Ask a Question