Ipad 2 slower than White MacBook?

Reaction score
Just bought new 1pad 2, 64gb and tested it against my 2007 MacBook, 2.16ghz. Using Safari on both and the same website the MacBook seems faster than the Load. Is this correct? Both are practicaly fresh installs.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What version of OS X on the MacBook?
-What version of iOS on the iPad 2?
-Is this a particular website, or all?

C

Reaction score
MacBook: Snow Leopard X.6.8, 2GB memory.
Ipad 2: IOS 9.3.5, 64GB
Yes, most sites. I'm amazed how slow it is scrolling the screen at times.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information.

As a point of clarification, the iPad 2 only has 512 MB of RAM - the 64 GB is the storage capacity.

In my experience with my old iPad 2, web browsing was always much slower than any Mac I was using. The newer iPads are extremely fast in comparison. I also have an iPad Air 2 which is very fast when using Safari.

Factors that affect the speed difference of your two devices:
-Processors - MacBook 64-bit 2.16 GHz vs iPad 2 32-bit 1 GHz
-OS X vs iOS
-iPads do not support Flash, if that happens to be installed on your MacBook

-What kind of speed differences are we talking?
-Can you give some website examples - I would be happy to test on my iPad 2?

C

Reaction score
The trouble is you are comparing Apples to Oranges.

Yeah, that was my thought also. I recently purchased a mid 2017 13" MacBook Air (Mac OS 10.13.), with a 252 gig SSD, and an iPad 9.7 32 gig WIFI only model (not the brand new one announced the other day; IOS 11.2), and using Google Chrome on the MacBook Air is definitely much faster than on the iPad. I was not expecting any great speed records on the iPad.

Reaction score
I have tried to see the search time using Google but when I visit the same sites on the Mac book and Ipad they come up different so cannot compare. I have almost given up on the iPad caus of the speed. Find it hard to belive that Apple sold any of these. Is there any way of checking the speed of the iPad?

Reaction score
I have tried to see the search time using Google but when I visit the same sites on the Mac book and Ipad they come up different so cannot compare. I have almost given up on the iPad caus of the speed. Find it hard to belive that Apple sold any of these. Is there any way of checking the speed of the iPad?

LUFTBRAUMMER: We're talking about a machine that is 10 years older than yours.

Reaction score
A tablet is not comparable to a laptop or desktop computer. I have a 10 year old windows box that is quicker than my iPad. Horses for courses.

Reaction score
A tablet is not comparable to a laptop or desktop computer. I have a 10 year old windows box that is quicker than my iPad. Horses for courses.

Or like trying to compare "apples versus oranges". As it is, even a laptop is slower than a desktop.

Ask a Question