Extremely Slow Skype Response

Reaction score
Hi,

I run a Macbook from 2010. All applications work unproblematically except for Skype, which for no apparent reason started lagging horrendously a while ago. It’s not the calls that are the problem but the interface. I can’t click objects or browse through the varius frames (e.g., Online, Skype, All, etc.) , and the window remains bright gray as if Skype were not in front even though it is. I can basically do nothing but receive calls and move the window around! Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I have tried to trash all Skype files and reinstall it but the problem remains.

Best,

Oskar

Reaction score
Hi,

I have no issues with Skype in or out call > video> messages, so suspect this is local unless there are ISP issues as it is net based.
Have you checked for updates the latest version is as follows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 16.04.40.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-22 at 16.04.40.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 388
Reaction score
Yes, I run the latest version and yes, it ought to be a local problem. The funny thing is that when I log in as ”Guest”, Skype works great.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
When you manually uninstalled it, did you delete the preference plist files as well?

C

Reaction score
What version of Mac OS X are you running?

10.6.8. I tried to install an old version of Skype and it seems to work, except for that it seems be inaccurate in displaying which contacts are online (for a few days now, only one of usually three–four contacts has appeared to be online—constantly, although she is not). But at least I can click and scroll in the application window.

Reaction score
I think I was running the latest Flash version, but nevertheless, a Flash conflict surely seemed to be the case, so I uninstalled and reinstalled both Flash and Skype and now Skype seems to work. Thank you so much, CC! I would never have figured that out myself.

Ask a Question