Sleeping iMac

Reaction score
21.5inch 2010 iMac, OS 10.13.6 I put it to sleep if not used after 5 minutes, but then it won't wake. The only way I can wake it is by pressing the On/Off button. I'm sure in older OS versions you could designate which keys you wanted to wake a computer. Am I missing something?

Reaction score
How long have you been having this issue? When it was "working" previously, what did you need to do to wake the machine up?

Reaction score
Bought tis imac second hand but I think I had this problem on the one it replaced. I can't remember. There will be times when it wakes but not often, mostly I must press the On/Off button lightly.

Reaction score
Just wondering, when it goes to sleep the wifi goes down as well. When I wake the computer I must wait for wifi to reconnect. There must be a connection?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Reaction score
Have already tried the PRAM, no luck but just tried SMC and seems to have solved the problem. Thanks!!
As for "Wake for Network access", I have turned this off as it lights up the room at night time when an email arrives.
Looks like the main problem is solved, thanks again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Let us know if it returns, or if you have other issues.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question