Deep Sleeping Beauty...

Reaction score
Hello again, Our Mac has taken to going to sleep and after awhile goes all the way down to where it has to reload everything. When I wake it I get the following message" Sleepwake failure experienced a problem" once I acknowledge this happened it then brings up the report window and wants to send the occurrence to Apple. I have a Mac I bought last June. Any idea's or info you might need to enlighten this Mac novice?? Thanks so much!

Reaction score
We need to know the following information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

3. How much free space is on your internal drive?

4. What third party software are you using?

5. Are you using MacKeeper and/or CleanMyMac? If you are, get rid of them immediately. Either of those products will do more harm than good.

Reaction score
We need to know the following information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using?

3. How much free space is on your internal drive?

4. What third party software are you using?

5. Are you using MacKeeper and/or CleanMyMac? If you are, get rid of them immediately. Either of those products will do more harm than good.
It's iMac 14.1 Intel Core i5 Speed 2.7Ghz El Capitan 10.11.4 860.52 GB of free space I have always followed your advice and steered clear of Mackeeper and CleanMy Mac..evil things!

Reaction score
Cory, the only external device I have is an AirPort Time Capsule. I will try your two suggestions and see what happens. Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, let us know.

The Time Capsule shouldn't cause this issue whether your Mac is connected wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable. You didn't connect it via a USB cable directly to your iMac by any chance did you? If so, that isn't supported.

You could also try turning off (unchecking) Wake for Ethernet network access and Start up automatically after a power failure in the Energy Saver preference pane.

C

Ask a Question