Sharing a folder

Reaction score
Shared issue

I’m wanting to access some folders on my wife’s iMac.

Right now, on my iMac, finder shows as “Shared”, “Pat’s Computer”. When I click on it, it shows me “Connected as: Howard Brazee”. I see one folder, “Not Backed up”, which is a folder I created to copy files back and forth. (Which her Time Machine doesn’t back-up).

When I go to my wife’s computer, I go to look at the sharing permissions of that file, and see howardbrazee has <Read & Write> access.

I look at the other folder I want to share, and see exactly the same sharing permissions.

How do I trace why I see one folder, but not the other? We both have High Sierra 10.13.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
In System Preferences on your wife's computer, has this other folder been added to the Shared Folders list in Sharing?

If you cannot see the Shared Folders list, uncheck then recheck File Sharing in the left pane then the Shared Folders list should be visible.

Reaction score
That was my problem. My wife has a new Mac, and we didn't do a full restore. The migration had some things we missed. Thanks.

Ask a Question