SOLVED Setting up a 'new' Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have just received a 'brand new' 2017 Macbook Pro. I am going through the setup, and got to the screen where you agree (or not) to the terms and conditions. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the 'agree' button to become active - it just stays dimmed.

If I expand the text of the conditions, it still remains dimmed, and I can find no way to proceed. The 'back' button simply brings me back to the sign in with my Apple ID. This is getting very frustrating, especially since I know I'm simply overlooking something obvious. Can someone help me out?

TIA

Reaction score
Hello folks,

By searching around I found a way forward - I wasn't the only one with this issue. Turns out that you simply skip signing in with Apple ID, then things proceeded smoothly from there.

This is literally a new Macbook Pro from 2017 - my nephew (who used to work for Apple) had it kicking around for all these years and never used it, so he gave it to ol' Uncle Steve. :) So now I have a Mac again, since my 2014 MBP died a year ago.

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have just setup a refurbished macbook, created a pasword, I can login with this pasword but I cant use in the latest step to add apple ID, always says pasword not coreect even i can use it to open the macbook

Reaction score
When you try to add your Apple ID, is it asking you for the password for your Apple ID or for your Mac?

Also, what model Macbook is this?

Ask a Question