What is this doing in my allow in the background settings?

Reaction score
I was looking through the applications in my allow in the background settings in my MacBook Pro and I noticed one of the applications name is “Gary Mathews” what the heck is this?

Reaction score
I was looking through the applications in my allow in the background settings in my MacBook Pro and I noticed one of the applications name is “Gary Mathews” what the heck is this?
It’s probably the name of the developer. If there is a circled letter “I” next to the toggle switch, it will show you the file(s) associated with the application. If not present, you might want to do a spotlight search, and if that fails, perhaps a Google search. I have had to do the latter a few times and have yet to discover anything malicious. In your case, “Gary Mathews,” being a fairly common name, got too many hits. I tried “gary mathews software engineer” and found several possibilities. It can be fun to do… sometimes.

Ask a Question