Question: why can i see what other macs under my apple ID are doing and how to stop it

Reaction score
Recently another member of my family got a mac. Before I was the only person with a mac but now (we're on the same apple ID) I can sometimes click on a different safari launcher or mail or messages launcher that shows up on the far left of my toolbar and can click on it and see what there doing. How do I disable this? Please help :):):):)

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What can you see them doing - do you mean you can both see the same Safari bookmarks and emails?

You should each have your own Apple ID, and sign in with it on your respective Macs.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-What can you see them doing - do you mean you can both see the same Safari bookmarks and emails?

You should each have your own Apple ID, and sign in with it on your respective Macs.

C
Thank you for replying but no, I can't see bookmarks, it's hard to explain but when the other person is using safari, iMessage, or email the icon for whichever of those things being used shows up on the far left of my toolbar (but all the icons are still in their normal place for me, i.e. if the other person is using safari the safari icon shows up on the far left of my toolbar but the safari symbol is still in its usual place for me still.) If I click on the safari that shows up on the far left of my toolbar it takes me to whatever the other person is looking at on the internet. For example if the other person is looking at google, it would take me to google or if their on Facebook, it would take me to whatever their looking at on Facebook. Does that make more sense?

Reaction score
OK thank you but when I went into settings it was already turned off. It is possible I turned it off yesterday or the day before when I was looking in settings for a way to make it stop but I can't honestly remember for sure. Do I need to turn it off on the other persons mac too?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, try turning it off on the other Mac, and any iOS devices logged into the same Apple ID.

C

Ask a Question