Saving an Internet Radio station in iTunes

Reaction score
I opened up an Internet Radio station in iTunes, and wanted to save it in an easy spot. I couldn't drag it to a play list.

And when I tried getting my Mac's Siri to play it, it picked a different song.

I expect to have a Home Pod for my birthday next month, and would like to have Siri play this radio station.

How do I short-cut that song?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

-Do you have an  Music subscription?
-Are you trying to "bookmark" the station, or a particular song in their playlist?

You can add Internet Radio stations to a playlist in iTunes, but not particular songs: Streaming Web Radio in iTunes 11.

Let us know if that works for you,

C

Reaction score
I found my problem! When I tried this yesterday, I dragged the station to a smart playlist! Dumb.

When I get my Home Pod I plan on using it without  Music for a few days and then subscribing to decide whether it is worth the extra functionality.

I have never used emojis, and cut and pasted " Music" from your post. Maybe I should look into them. That's one that actually is readable by people without them having to look them up.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Glad you found a solution. ;)

The  character can be type by pressing Option-Shift-K.

C

Reaction score
I've been unsuccessful at getting my Mac's Siri to play an iTunes radio station. Sometimes it will miss and get a song I have in iTunes. I picked a very simply named radio station and dragged it to a playlist. I told Siri to play it, and corrected its spelling to match that station exactly. Siri could not find it.

I really don't need it on my Mac - but when I get my Home Pod, I want its Siri to find the radio station on my Mac (before I try  Music).

Ask a Question