iDvd. updated, crashes on saving disk image

Reaction score
made the mistake of updating my iDvd from 7.## to the latest 7.1.2 (i amnow in High Sierra)

I can lay out set up the dvd, but on my 27" iMac it hangs a third of the war into saving as a Disk image (But puzzeling, the same version on my Macbook works fin and does save a disk image, BUT, the quality is worse than crap... cant find out why, and there is no way I can go back to the earlier version on the iMac... (no installer disks, this imac had that revoverinstallation thingy...)

did my money buying wondershare dvd creator.. worse than useless. (and am demanding my money back on that one)

anyone know of any DVD creating software that will let me do slide shows, with the file name as a caption, and have navigation arrows.. (I use dvd as cataloges/buisness cards to show the 50,000 posters in my catalog of my pster printing buisness)

Regards, Sandy

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, due to the age of iDVD, and Apple having dropped development and support for, with the last stable release back in 2011, there isn't an easy way to roll it back to the previous version. I am actually surprised that it even works in High Sierra.

There aren't any similar apps around that I know of currently, other than the professional titles like Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere/Encore. Roxio Toast has basic DVD authoring, but I don't have any experience with it.

It may be best to use your MacBook Pro with the working copy of iDVD for now. We may be able to figure out the image quality issue with it, if you give us more details.

C

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 7.55.38 am.jpg

screen shot of the Jpeg used in the slide show and the same in idvd (when I run the iDVD in full screen the resolution of th image is about half that of the original, but acceptible). but when I save as and disk image, and then burn to disk, the same image when played the resolution is so poor you cant even read the street names (cant make screen capture of dvd playing by comand-shit-4 for unknown reason). I am trying to make a slide show of over 1,000 of these that I have retouched, alons with thousands of others subjects, and that will be my buisness card.
regards, Sandy

Reaction score
Hi, no, it just hangs a few minutes into encoding, and lock the program... I have force quit. (Activity Monitor says that is no longer responding). regards, Sandy

Ask a Question