iDVD will not play on DVD player

Reaction score
I created an iDVD and it will not play on the DVD players only on the computers. I've made hundreds of movies and this is the first time this has ever happened. I always use DVD-R and the only change i have made was upgrading to OS X Yosemite. I have a feeling that is what has caused the issue... Please Help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Is Yosemite up to date - i.e. 10.10.5?
-Do other DVDs play under Yosemite - i.e. iDVD and commercial movies?
-Does your drive play CDs?

C

Reaction score
No, my cd's and dvd's eject without being able to play. I am up to date with Yosemite. MacBook Pro. 2009

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If all discs spin for a few moments, then eject, that is usually a sign of a dirty/dusty laser lens or failing optical drive. You could try blowing some compressed air into the optical drive slot to clean any foreign material out/off of the lens. Some people have had success using an optical drive cleaning disc, but I usually don't recommend those, as they can scratch the optical laser lens. If neither of those work, then you would need to replace the optical drive or purchase and use an external drive.

C

Ask a Question