Samsung's Magic Rotation Software: HELP!

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've got one of Samsung's LCD pivot monitors that use their proprietary pivot oftware called "Magic Rotation" (they license the same program for use in Gateway pivot monitors).

I checked the specs and the software is designed to run on my Intel Mac's GeForce 6600 infrastructure. Unfortunately, the disc containing the software is all .exe install files, so it just asks which program is supposed to run the installer . . .

I'd rather not partition my hard drive and install XP in Boot Camp just to use the pivot features of this particular monitor . . .

ANYBODY have any ideas how to get the necessary software out of the .exe install program and into my computer? It's designed on a UNIX shell; there must be a way!

Thanks.
Lincoln

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Hi and welcome,

I visited Samaung's site. Seems that the Magic Rotation is listed as supporting the following Mac cards:

G4 (Radeon 9800Pro, Radeon 8500)
G5 (GeForce FX5200, Radeon 9800Pro)

The software downloads only list Windows-compatible versions (the exe files). Unless the Mac OS X built-in driver supports the rotation, you'd have to install Boot Camp/WinXp to use this functionality. I know some Mac OS X supplied ATI drivers have the ability/support display rotation...not sure about NVIDIA.

C

Ask a Question