Safari...

Reaction score
My safari kept on freezing on me so i decided to download firefox to see if it was any better. anyways.. in the end (and this sounds stupid) i deleted safari and emptied the trash, forgetting that it was in there.

now i want to switch back to safari but i can't install it. so i thought maybe i needed an older version first. so the farthest back i got was Safari 1.2 but everytime i get to destination select, is says that i can't install it because the software requires MAC OS X 10.3 or newer butttttt....
my mac is OS X 10.5.2. what do i do??? :confused:

-thanks

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to mac-help.com. You can reinstall Safari with your OS disks, and can upgrade if you'd like from the Mac website. Let us know if that doesn't help or you need more info.

Reaction score
the problem is that we got our mac secondhand for real cheap so the problem is that we don't have any of the discs for this computer. is there any other way i can get safari? or is it possible to use discs from a different mac?

SwampWitch

Reaction score
You'll need to buy a new system disk for not only your current Safari problem, but for troubleshooting or reinstalling later on. I don't know why people don't sell the system disks with the computers, but you probably want an upgrade anyway... you are pretty helpless without that disk, and it's an easy fix with it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ask a Question