Safari

Reaction score
Four times now — three times within the last 10 minutes, once last week — Safari has "Quit Unexpectedly" while I was attempting to place a message on a message board, twice here. I get a message to Reopen, and a message will be sent to Apple.

What's up with that? The same thing happened with my 10 year old MacBook Pro before the whole computer would just stop working and I would have to shortstop it and start over again.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-This is macOS Sierra Safari, correct?
-Do you happen to have Adobe Flash Player installed?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player. That could be a cause of Safari hanging. You can download and use Google Chrome to watch Adobe Flash videos without having to install it separately.

Let us know if that helps the Safari issue.

C

Reaction score
I downloaded an uninstaller for the Adobe and uninstalled it. It's been several days now with no problems.

Thanx!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Excellent!

Adobe Flash really needs to be put out to pasture, as it causes so many more issues than it is worth.

C

Reaction score
I did a fairly thorough housecleaning of the old MacBook Pro — uninstalled the Adobe stuff, and what didn't uninstall I sent to the trash — cleaned out many old files, sent to the trash, and now the old MacBook Pro is running fine — lightning speed, and no crashes. Matter of fact, I am writing this here with the old Mac, and no problems.

What I had envisioned was to clean out this Mac and install a new updated OP to see if that would fix the crashing problem, but now I don't have to.

I'm thinking now that I didn't have to spend on the new MacBook Pro, but I like it so I will keep it.

Reaction score
Cool! Now you just need to take care of both machines, like you did with the old one. It's important to note, though, that while doing a lot of the disk cleanup yourself, there is still more that can be done, and that is where excellent tools like Onyx (free) and TechTool Pro ($99) can help immensely.

And of course, backups to an external device are mandatory.

Ask a Question