safari text

Reaction score
Hi all
This is my first post as I hope you can help with a problem that I cant find an anwser to elsewhere? some of the web pages I view in safari have text which is unreadable, it seems to be in an asian font and overprinted. I have tried to change my preferances and nothing changes? I am sure there must be a quick fix can any body help?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome !

could you give us an example URL to have a look at ?

regards

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

It displays correctly here..

orange.jpg

Are your Safari Appearance preferences set to this:

safariappearance.jpg

Let us know and we'll go from there. May be a corrupt Safari plist file or a duplicate font maybe.

C

Reaction score
The most common cause of what you're describing is font issues. If this is the case, and you use Apple's Mail app you'll probably find the same issue 5-10% of the time, as well as some of the Help menu windows. Do you have a lot of fonts installed? Have you moved, added or removed fonts recently? Are you using a font management utility? If so which one?

Reaction score
I have the same setup I will check for duplicate font I dont know what corrupt plist file is or how to repair?

Reaction score
I do have lots of fonts I havent move them recentley but the problem has also been about for a while and I am only now feed-up with changing browser to compansate. I use font book 1.0.2 (v36.1)

Reaction score
As far as moving fonts around, you can safely move fonts from anywhere EXCEPT from System->Library->Fonts. Permissions are set by the system not to allow this, and while it is possible to change the permissions to allow you to remove fonts from this location it's not a good idea. There are fonts there that the system needs to function.

Reaction score
FontBook does have a habit of making problems of duplicate fonts... it's not recommended to use if you have more than 100 fonts (we actually had a guy from Apple tell us this)

Ask a Question