Safari suddenly slow so is firefox ??

Reaction score
I have Intel iMac 2.4ghz 2gb ram 700gb disk etc and its always been fast on the net...firefox is the default and worked fine even after it even after the 27/9/08 when i downloaded 3.0.3 but after 15/10/08 its gone slow (20+secs to load a page)
Ive checked for viruses with ClamXav and repaired disk permissions and checked with virgin media to see if they had probs and checked my broadband speed and its all fine.

I checked safari (latest) and thats slow aswell, ive been intouch with mozillazine and they suggested the usual cache stuff and that didnt work even setting a new profile although 'terminal' says 'does not exist' after entering the command line ive even uninstalled and reinstalled firefox its abit faster but nowhere near what it used to be 2 weeks ago ? what ekse can i check ? do i need to reinstall OSX ? thanks

Reaction score
Since both browsers are slow, the problem could be with your Mac. Do some regular maintenance and repair permissions with Disk Utility.

If that doesn't work, you might try a good maintenance program, such as MainMenu, Cocktail, MacJanitor or OnyX. Run the scripts to eliminate font and browser caches. That could clear the problems.

Ask a Question