safari seems to have been hijacked

Reaction score
hello i have got a macmini 80gb with snow leopard 10.6.8 and when i go to bigfishgames using safari and click on a game to download it says redirecting to a valid site,when i try to download a game from this site it redirects me again,i have done a system restore and reset safari but still no luck,any ideas on what to do please?
i have Sophos antivirus installed and did a full scan but it found nothing and i saw somewhere about hijacking which i presume is what is happening to me.
thank you.

Reaction score
Hi,

i have Sophos antivirus installed

Not sure why you are running this, unless you have boot camped.
Snow Leopard includes antivirus protection and Apple have enhanced File Quarantine to also check files against known malware, from a list of malware definitions at System/Library/Core Services/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/XProtect.plist.

Reaction score
thank you oldscribe i did not know snow leopard had antivirus protection included so i will remove sophos antivirus and it might speed up my mac,have you any ideas why i keep getting redirected on bigfishgames and if you do what can i do please?

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your help,i tried bigfishgames again on Saturday and everything is back to normal now so it must have been there website.

Ask a Question