Safari Printing Issues

Reaction score
When I print from Safari, my printer advances a blank piece of paper before printing each page. This doesn't happen from any other application, only when printing from Safari.

If I'm printing a 3 page document from Safari, 6 pieces of paper are pulled through the printer.

1st piece of paper - completely blank
2nd piece of paper - print job (page 1)
3rd piece of paper - completely blank
4th piece of paper - print job (page 2)
5th piece of paper - completely blank
6th piece of paper - print job (page 3)

Because my printer work perfectly when printing from all other applications, I don't think the issue is my printer. Thoughts??????????

Thanks!

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

sorry we missed this, how have you got on ? Do you still need help ?

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello Crazzeel and Welcome!!

Sorry I missed this! What printer do you have? Let me guess, you have an HP! What OS version are you running? I had the exact same problem with an HP Officejet 6110. Pages would come out blank in Safari and not even complete the print job sometimes but documents would come out just fine from MS Word, email, etc. I never got it resolved. HP never replied to me. I bought a new computer and got a free HP Photosmart C4180 printer, and it works perfectly!! I don't believe it's a computer problem. I think it's a driver/printer problem. Did you try downloading the latest drivers for your printer? Sorry I can't be more help, but at least someone else out there has/had the same problem I did!

Searay

Reaction score
Yep, exact same printer...HP 6110. I'll try downloading the most recent drivers and see if that works. Thanks for getting back to me!

Reaction score
Good Luck. I know that downloading the recent drivers did not fix my problem. You may be better off buying a new printer. Sorry man. But it is the only solution that seems good.

Searay

Reaction score
Hello Crazzeel and Welcome!!

I bought a new computer and got a free HP Photosmart C4180 printer, and it works perfectly!! I don't believe it's a computer problem.

Hi
I have tried in vain to install the HP C4180 onto an iMac ( intel ) OS X.4 , The scanning functions work fine, yet when you go to add it to the printer list ( where it does shoq up correctly ) you then only have the option to use the drop down menu to selete the make ( HP ) and locate the printer in that list......It does not appear in that list.

Have downloaded the latest drivers from HP ( 7.9.1 ) and still no joy?!?!

Reaction score
Hi
I have tried in vain to install the HP C4180 onto an iMac ( intel ) OS X.4 , The scanning functions work fine, yet when you go to add it to the printer list ( where it does shoq up correctly ) you then only have the option to use the drop down menu to selete the make ( HP ) and locate the printer in that list......It does not appear in that list.

Have downloaded the latest drivers from HP ( 7.9.1 ) and still no joy?!?!

Has anyone managed to install this printer onto an intel mac????

Ask a Question