Recover pre 2012 iphoto library

Reaction score
I did not merge my original iphoto library into the 2014 version of iphoto. ( bad decision )
After multiple OS system upgrades, I can no longer find my oldest iphoto library. I have misplaced all photos from 2011-late 2014.
Is there a way to recover this library?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS are you on now?
-Are/were you using any form of backup - Time Machine or other?
-Are any of the photos in the Photos app now?

C

Reaction score
I have Model A1369 MacBook Air.
I am using OS X El Capitan

No unfortunately I was not using Time Machine or any MAC backup. My husband backed up
the computer on an external hard drive periodically. My husband is a Windows user ans I have always depended on him for computer help. He originally bought the MacBook Air but quickly went back to windows computers.

I can find pictures from the 2014 version of iphoto. One of my OS upgrades was done in late
I used to be able to find a folder with the photos from my original iphoto. (2012 until 2014)
I really liked the old version of iphoto and I had become proficient. Unfortunately, I did not merge the photos after the 2014 OS upgrade

I believe my last OS upgrade was Oct, 2016. I think the older iphoto folder was either lost or buried
in Oct 2016.

We were trying to get all our photos in the same place recently and realized we could no longer find the folder
with the older iphoto library. I had many edited photos in albums in that old library.

We asked our local computer shop and he said the missing photos could be deleted or buried in a random folder in any random location. In other words, he was not much help.

Is this a lost cause?

Thanks,
Sherry

Reaction score
I did check Time Machine since you mentioned it. There are files listed there but I do not see the missing photos.

Ask a Question