How to recover lost cut and paste

Reaction score
I copied a text from a document and instead of paste i hit copy again. My text is gone. How can i get it back. Help please

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, the clipboard is temporary, and when you copy again, it replaces contents immediately. There isn't any way to undo or reload previous clipboard contents.

-Do you still have the original document that you could copy the text from again?
-Did you accidentally paste the copied text in the original document?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, the clipboard is temporary, and when you copy again, it replaces contents immediately. There isn't any way to undo or reload previous clipboard contents.

-Do you still have the original document that you could copy the text from again?
-Did you accidentally paste the copied text in the original document?

C
Hi Cory,
thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, iiaccidentally paste the copied text in the original document which resulted in the lost of the text. Guess i just might have to do it again.
Thanks again for your help.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

If you happen to have had Time Machine running, you may have the previous version.

I always suggest saving multiple edited copies of important documents with date in their name, just for cases like this one.

Example for Word docs:
research paper 070118.doc
research paper 071018.doc
research paper 071418.doc

You can also use Google Docs and your Google Drive, as it saves previous versions automatically that you can restore at any time.

C

Reaction score
No worries.

You can also use Google Docs and your Google Drive, as it saves previous versions automatically that you can restore at any time.

C

That is why I love Google Drive. Even when you delete the file they have a copy of it when you access the Activity tab of the folder where the documents are saved.

Ask a Question