Apps For Disk Recovery

Reaction score
ive used Disk Drill, several times, and yesterday. i know it recovers pics, jpg, and in folders named Group with numbers. several times ive recovered pics and ended up with the Group folders

ive tried or used different apps, but one time i got the actual folders that all the pics were originally in. 10s of thousands of pics in about 30 folders. named Gwyneth Paltrow, etc, with multiple folders in them

but i cant remember if i used disk drill when that happened, but im pretty sure it was. but the last 2 times ive recovered i got the group folders

i recovered from an external drive, the last 2 times, from the hard drive itself where it gives the model of the drive, and then from where it has a different name like what you name it and the same name appears in the finder

does anyone how to get the folders i want from disk drill, or of any other app that will give me the original folders

Reaction score
im saying something again in ths thread because i know a ton of you kmow these apps, and i want to recover my files now. so anyone wants to help help

Reaction score
I understand that you are looking for data recovery software to recover photos with original file name. I would suggest you to try Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac. The software recovers deleted or formatted files with original file name and is also compatible with latest macOS Mojave. Free trial of the software is also available to scan your drive for free.

Reaction score
I think you should not add more data to your device anymore. Then, it is better for you to try some professional recovery methods,or you can also try third-party data recovery programs.
Good luck.

Ask a Question