Preview Help, And/Or Substitutes

Reaction score
Hello, all. I have this specific issue I wonder if any of you have a tip or actual fix on dealing with. I use Preview slideshow often to read manga from big image folders. Recently, due to a monitor problem, the bottom two inches of my screen is blacked out permanently. That means I can't read the bottom two inches of any image stretching down my entire screen!

I now have to exit slideshow and scroll down to the bottoms of images to see if there's anything important. Is there a way to have slideshow allow you to scroll down an image before moving to the next one? Basically, I just need to figure out a way to view whole images on this faulty screen without leaving the black slideshow mode. If Preview can do it, or another program can, I don't care.

Much grateful thanks to all those who answer!!

Reaction score
Hi and welcome
What i would advise you to do is:
1. Do Command+i to bring up the Info of the document.
2. Where it says "Open With" Click on Pages or Microsoft Word/Powerpoint
If this doesnt work i would click on the document once, and then press the space bar to preview t in a smaller screen
Hope I Helped

Reaction score
Pages or Microsoft Word or Powerpoint? I do not think they would allow a slideshow that's any different from Preview, and hence would have the same complication I'm trying to deal with. Also, Mac-Helper, it's not entirely useful to suggest paid programs as a solution when most people might not have them. In addition, you could merely right-click any document and select "open with" to get the same results without bringing up the info of the file.

At any rate, I have come to a conclusion myself after trying out diff. programs, and it seems that xee3 (with the 3 as a supertext) has a slideshow mode that lets you scroll down images within it!

Ask a Question