Preview doesn't show PDF documents correctly

Reaction score
When I open a PDF document in Preview it often does not show it correctly. There are sections of the page that just aren't there, and others where the colors come out wrong. As a result, the pages do not print out correctly, either.

Is it possible that Preview could become corrupted? Is there an update I need to get?

I am in the midst of preparing some large photo displays and can't tell if they will come out right! Help!

I use OSX 10.6.8 on a Mac Book Pro

Thanks,
Jim A.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Regarding any updates, running Software Update from the  menu should take care of that.

You use Adobe products don't you? Try Adobe Reader for comparison.

Was the PDF created on a Mac or a Windows PC ? Is it one you downloaded from the internet?

If you can, it might help us if you upload a screenshot of the faulty pdf.

Reaction score
When I open a PDF document in Preview it often does not show it correctly. There are sections of the page that just aren't there, and others where the colors come out wrong. As a result, the pages do not print out correctly, either.

Is it possible that Preview could become corrupted? Is there an update I need to get?

I am in the midst of preparing some large photo displays and can't tell if they will come out right! Help!

I use OSX 10.6.8 on a Mac Book Pro

Thanks,
Jim A.

Can't it be the pdf itself is having some issues? Many times, pdf creating tools compromise with the quality of the doc which in turn affects the hard copy. Why don't you try installing Adobe and take print from it?

Ask a Question