Photos problem

Reaction score
My partner and I are both using MacBook Airs from 2013 - I know we are on borrowed time! Also both on Catalina 10.15.7 (and working well!!)

Our problem is with Photos - I think it started when we changed from iPhotos to Photos. Every time we edited a photo it would show up afterwards as a fuzzy version of it. The miraculously after about 3 months it went away.
Now alas my partner is having the same problem again and a revolving ball. Restarting the Mac seems to clear it but for how long I dont know.

Do you have any idea what this might be caused by? I would really appreciate your help - thanks!
John Gardner

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of Photos - the same on both?
-How many photos/videos in the Photos Library?
-Are you using iCloud Photo Library?

C

Reaction score
I had a problem with Photos until I upgraded from my 2012 mac mini to a 2018 with Catalina. You might be having a conflict of 16/32/64 bit reads. My Photos version is the same as yours (and 18,000 pics), so that probably isn't the problem. Getting the 2018 Mac Mini solved it (and other problems).

Ask a Question